Music and sound effects are often the unsung heroes of a motion graphics video project. Great motion design requires great sound design. Never let sound design be an afterthought. The reason video is so effective in engaging viewers is because it appeals to so many of our senses. While our eyes focus on the motion and our minds engage with the story, our hearts are drawn in by the fast paced music of an exciting story, or the dramatic low notes of a brand narrative. Choosing the right music and sound effects is key to the success of your video.
GREAT MOTION DESIGN REQUIRES GREAT SOUND DESIGN.
How To Choose The Best Sound Design
INtro and Outro Music
- Use a bookends for the video
- Select the right vibe or tone
Keep the Audience in Mind
- What is appealing to your audience?
- Let demographics set the genre
Understand Your Budget
- Stock music and sound is a good route
- A custom composer can be expensive
Utilize Music Libraries
- There are several great sound effects available from online music libraries