Now comes the work of putting pen to paper. Our goal in writing a script is to communicate the value of the brand, business, or product in a clear, concise, and memorable way. This is a lot harder than it sounds. We must make intentional choices to keep the script succinct, communicating the priority message.
Because no two videos are exactly alike, script writing is not a rigid process. It requires fluidity and nuance for each unique story. However, there are guidelines we can follow to help craft a script.
Person, pain, and problem
- Highlight the person, pain or problem in the first few sentences
- Make your audience feel cared for
- Be creative
- Why does this matter?
- Communicate proof of the value
- Testify to how your solution works, and how it has worked for others
Amplify, agiTATE, ADMIT
- Turn up the volume on the pain
- Agitate and hook their emotions
- Admit the problem exists and show how you relate to the audience
Make an Offer
- "We're here to help, and this is how..."
- Turn the value into something tangible
- Build confidence in what you are providing as a solution to their pain