A voiceover is the narration which is heard reading the script, but the person speaking is not seen in the video. Typically, a voiceover is handled by a professional voiceover artist who is commissioned to work on the project. However, a voiceover could also be a person from the company, like a CEO or employee who has speaking experience or who has a recognizable voice.
How to choose a Voiceover:
Know your Audience
- What gender appeals to your audience, male or female?
- What voice would your audience react to, who do they trust?
Define the Right Tone
- What emotional tone do you want to convey? (E.g. authentic, casual, professional etc.)
- How should your brand be represented? (E.g. approachable, professional, etc.)
- What will sound believable to your audience?
- What tone is already established in your industry or market?