A Guide to Plugins
What is a Plugin?
- A plugin is a piece of software that can be added to a website.
- It contains a groups of functions that improve your website in different ways.
- Some can extend functionality, while others can add new features to a website.
- In WordPress, plugins make it easy to add new features to a website without knowing a single line of code.
- Plugins enable customization when building a website.
- The purpose of plugins is to allow third party users to extend the functionality of an application.
Examples of Plugins
- Specific type of slideshow or gallery
- A different type of drop down menu
- A slider
- A new navigation bar
- Adding audio or optional audio for the user
- Many plugins extend and improve the template or overall design of a website