15 Reasons Why You Need Video
Video is no longer an “up-and-coming” marketing strategy. It’s here, and it’s the most powerful way to communicate to your customers, followers, fans, or users. With the rise in online video consumption, you can’t afford to be left behind. The question companies used to ask was, “Do we need a marketing video for our product (brand, message, launch, story, etc.)?” The question you must ask now is, “How soon can we get a video?”
Let us count the ways you need video.
- 81% of businesses use video as a marketing tool — up from 63% over the last year. (1)
- 6 out of 10 people would rather watch online videos than television. (2)
- Mobile video consumption rises by 100% every year. (3)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic — 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (4)
- 78% of people watch online videos every week, and 55% view online videos every day. (5)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021. (6)
- YouTube is the second most popular website after Google. (7)
- Users view more than 1 billion hours of video each day on YouTube. (8)
- 59% of executives say they would rather watch a video than read text. (9)
- 75% of all video plays are on mobile devices. (10)
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video, compared to 10% when reading it in text. (11)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (12)
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones. (13)
- 92% of users watching video on mobile will share it with others. (14)
- By 2020 there will be close to 1 million minutes of video crossing the internet per second. (15)
But why is video so engaging?
Video is the best way to communicate what you do, who you are, and why it matters because showing is better than telling. Whether you have a new product to launch, a service which needs explained, a brand to promote, a story to share, an initiative to advance, or a complex idea that needs distilled down, a video is the perfect way to quickly and concisely communicate that message. Videos combine audio, visual, and emotion to form an engaging medium that connects with people’s brains in a way that images and text alone cannot. When someone watches a video it allows them to perceive potentially complex information in a way that increases understanding. This is because you’re not only telling them, you’re showing them as well.
Videos combine visuals and audio to explain or share a concept concisely, effectively, and memorably.
Think about it this way.
If you haven’t been thinking about video until now, we suggest you start thinking about it this way: creating a video about your brand, product, service, or story is about building trust. This is, in our opinion, the greatest reason why you need video.
Video helps build trust and confidence in your brand.
The compelling statistics above exist for this reason alone. Trust generates sales. Trust generates loyalty. Trust generates followers. This should be your number one goal when creating a video: gain the trust and confidence of your customers, clients, and users.